CPIM Part I: Planning and Inventory Management
The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) program provides you with the ability to understand and evaluate production and inventory activities within a company’s global operations.
- Module 1: Supply Chain Overview
- Module 2: Fundamentals of Demand Management
- Module 3: Plan Supply
- Module 4: Execute Supply Plan
- Module 5: Inventory Management
- Module 6: Continuous Improvement/Quality Management and Technologies
Understanding the fundamental
The basic concepts in managing the complete flow of materials in a supply chain from suppliers to customers are covered in the Basics module. This module covers manufacturing, distribution, service, and retail industries. This includes the fundamental relationships in the design, planning, execution, monitoring, and control that occur. Knowledge of the material in this module is assumed as a prerequisite for the other APICS CPIM modules, which cover similar topics in much greater depth.
- Understanding basic businesswide concepts, including understanding various supply chain environments
- Managing demand, including markets and customer expectations
- Designing products, processes, and information systems
- Understanding supply issues including inventory costs, functions, and metrics