Courses / หลักสูตรต่างๆ
This Course is still on Hold
Certified in Transportation and Logistics (CTL)
The CTL Certification Program began in 1948, and is known as the premier credential in the transportation/logistics industry. The exam modules are constantly revised to meet the needs of transportation logistics professionals. To qualify an individual must be an active member of ASTL and have earned an undergraduate degree or have at least three years of professional experience. The certification is granted to individuals who successfully complete six of the following exam modules:
ต้องได้ผ่านการสอบ 6 โมดูลของสมาคมของสมาคมวิชาชีพด้านการขนส่งและโลจิสติกส์แห่งประเทศ สหรัฐอเมริกา
The Lean Logistics module examines the application of lean principles to the function and
activities of logistics management. While much focus is directed to the application of lean
in manufacturing operations,the principles of this process improvement method find ready
use in logistics. Lean logistics identifies opportunities to reduce costs, smooth operations,
and better serve customers by addressing the many wastes found in inbound and outbound
inventory flows.This module examines these wastes and provides tools for identifying and
addressing logistics problems. Focus is directed on reducing logistics costs, improving
logistics service, and removing impediments and bottlenecks to efficient, effective
The objectives of this module include :
- Introduction of lean principles and practices
- Application of lean principles to inbound and outbound aspects of logistics activity
- Recognition of the cost-service trade-offs found in logistics,
- Improved coordination betweenlogistics management and the other functional areas of
the company and
- Understanding logistics contribution toward the pursuit of the lean enterprise and
improved supply chain operations.
The Logistics Finance module promotes a fundamental understanding of the costing and
revenue models used to monitor, evaluate, and control modern supply chain and logistics
systems.This module emphasizes the application and use of these concepts in transportation
and logistics management. Within this context,
The objectives for the logistics finance module include understanding :
- Why logistics finance is important.
- How logistics finance models are designed.
- The variety of logistics revenue and costing models that is currently in practice.
- The contexts in which the various applied models are efficient and effective, as well as
the contexts in which certain models do not achieve results
Logistics and Supply Chain Strategy
This CTL module satisfies the requirement for a professional designation in logistics and
supply chain management. The purpose of the PLS is to recognize individuals that have
completed a course of study examining the strategies for improving logistics and supply
chain operations and are seeking to apply this knowledge within their profession.
The designation is granted to individuals that have successfully passed a comprehensive
examination and completed an undergraduate college degree from an accredited academic
institution or four years of professional experience.
The objectives of the logistics and supply chain strategy module include understanding the:
- Supply chain concept
- Approaches employed to obtain a competitive advantage through supply chain
- Techniques employed to improve the performance and efficiency of supply chains
- Effect of interdependent activities and firms on overall performance and behavior
- Approaches for measuring performance in the supply chain
- Strategies for managing the supply chain;
- Different inventory management approaches employed in the supply chain
- An understanding of the trade-offs made in managing supply chain activities
- Issues involved in managing supply chain processes
- Role of logistics management and its effect on supply chain performance.
Supply Chain Management
―Supply chain management is the integration of key business processes from end user
through original suppliers, that provides products, services, and information that add value
for customers and other stakeholders.‖ (Global Supply Chain Forum, 2000). This CTL
module explores the key processes comprising the supply chain and the strategies
managers have employed to collaborate with trading partners to increase the value created
and gain a competitive advantage. The specific objectives for this module include gaining
an understanding of:
- The differences between logistics and supply chain management;
- the key processes comprising the supply chain and their interrelationships;
- the management components and their effect on supply chain management;
- the strategies, tactics, tools and techniques that have been demonstrated to be the most
effective in implementing
- supply chain management.